The LeRoy Finkel Fellowship is intended to promote leadership in the field of educational technology. CUE "Fellows" will
- Strengthen professional skills;
- Develop an innovative technology-enhanced curriculum project, aligned to curriculum standards; and
- Share their ideas and strategies through the OnCUE Journal, conferences, websites, social media and much more.
Any part or full-time K-20 educator that is a member of CUE working within Calilfornia or Nevada is eligible to apply. To be considered as a finalist or for the full fellowship, applicant must be willing to travel to Palm Springs and present their idea on stage at the CUE 2016 National Conference on March 18. The selected Fellow should be willing and able to perform the duties and attend the events below before applying.
- Five (5) $500 awards (applicable taxes apply)
- Complimentary registration at the National CUE Conference for the current year
- Invitation to present your Big Idea on stage during the LeRoy's Big Idea: The Finalists session
- Inclusion in 'LeRoy Finkel Finalist Update' column of OnCUE Journal
- One (1) $2,500 award (applicable taxes apply)
- Registration and travel expenses to the ISTE Conference for the current year.
- Guidance for one year of a professional mentor, recommended by the CUE Board.
- Invitation to write feature article for OnCUE Journal in the year following the award.
The Deadline to Apply for the 2017 LeRoy Finkel Fellowship application is December 8, 2016